Darkroom Ratio Calculator
Calculating ratios in my head when mixing/diluting chemicals in the darkroom is hard, so I want to build a box to do it for me.
- 2015-09-13: Was a fun design project but can't justify spending the money to get it built right now. Calling it cancelled for now, maybe someday I'll pick it up again :)
- 2014-12-14: Completed routing board, needs silk and checklisting still.
- 2014-12-13: Continued routing board.
- 2014-12-12: Completed and checklisted schematic, started routing board
- 2014-12-11: Started building BOM and schematic, put together first ideas for a front panel design.
- 2014-12-08: Started putting together initial idea/design.
- Input via rotary encoders
- Output on red 7 segment LED displays
- Unit will have a light sensor and dim the displays when the lights are turned off so they're safe
- "Fields" are:
- Ratio Component A (3 digits) w/ encoder
- Ratio Component B (3 digits) w/ encoder
- Value Component A (4 digits)
- Value Component B (4 digits)
- Total Value (4 digits) w/ encoder
- Round To (2 digits) w/ encoder
- Ratio Components, Total Value, and Round To are settable, Value Components are the output
- Round To is a way of automatically adjusting the total to find the nearest value that makes ratio components rounded while staying accurate
- Measuring 67.2ml of liquid is a pain
- Total required I/O is:
- 20x 7-segment displays
- 4x rotary encoder inputs
- 1x reset button input (resets to 1:1, total 1000, round to nearest 5, or something like that)
- 1x light sensor input