Skating Lap Counter
Skating Lap Counter is a project to automate counting laps skated on a derby track.
- 2015-09-12: Putting this on the back burner since I don't have time for it and have been off-skates injured for 6 months now anyways.
- 2014-08-05: Boards are here! Likely won't get to this until after burn though.
- 2014-07-07: Checklisted and sent to OSH Park.
- 2014-07-06: Finished all routing for the RX board. Need to do silk and run the checklist still, then can send both RX and TX to OSH Park.
- 2014-07-05: Redid DC/DC to a buck/boost design, added silkscreen LCD template. Started component placement.
- 2014-07-04: Added buzzer and associated circuitry.
- 2014-07-03: Almost finished the RX schematic, but realized I forgot the audio signaller and that the DC-DC chosen is buck-only and needs to be buck/boost.
- 2014-07-01: More work on the RX, getting close to done the schematic side.
- 2014-06-30: Worked on the design/BOM/schematic for the RX more.
- 2014-06-29: Completed routing TX PCB and checklisted it. Started designing the RX.
- 2014-06-28: Started putting idea together, designed transmitter BOM/schematic, started working on PCB layout. 5 airwires left.
- Small module that attaches to one skate
- IR emitter, microcontroller, and battery
- When switched on, transmits a code repeatedly
- Rechargeable via USB
- Base unit with an IR receiver and display
- Shows how many times each skate module has passed by
- USB rechargeable and USB data interface for possible future use